About Me

Australia
I'm a Mum who has struggled with weight since having my daughter 24 years ago. Forever trying to find that one thing that helps to make weight loss easier.
Mind Power Series

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Go Karting For Kids?

Go Karting for Kids, some kids, yes.

Having a heart attack in your 40's. Nearly had one last night.

My little nephew who is 7 years old just received his license to race go-karts.
My brother has always been into racing, cars, bikes, anything with a motor and it was inevitable that his kids would be trying their hand at it.

Last night was the little fellows first race and he was so nervous. I had both him and his sister for the day before his big race. All day he was asking "when is dad going to pick me up?"
This started early in the morning, so it was a very long day for him. I finally made him have a sleep just to get his mind settled. He actually slept for nearly two hours. Surprise.

The time had finally arrived for dad to pick him up and head out to the track.
He was so excited, all over the shop. Couldn't stop him talking all the way to the car. "See Ya There." I told him as he drove down the driveway.

We arrived just in time to see his first race.
What do you know, Big smash heading up the long straight. He smashed straight into the tyre barriers and was jolted up out of his seat landing ontop of the tyres. Major heart flutter at that point, I'm only his aunty, mum would have been frantic.
He was unharmed but very shaken. When mum arrived late he rushed over to her and couldn't get it out quick enough about what had happened. Big "OMG" followed and "Did you hurt yourself?"
Touching his head all over and feeling his arms.
He just replied and said "Fine, I have another race soon." and off he ran.

He took his other races very easy but did a really great job. I think us adults took it a lot worse than he did. His father was fine about it all, didn't make a fuss about it, but us women, well what can I say, it's just in us to be concerned and worried. Thats what we do.


Perhaps I will be better at it next time around, his mother, perhaps not. (The little guy in the red)

No comments:

Post a Comment